Languages

historical development

 

2011

re-accreditation of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005

2011

vocation of Prof. P. G. Braun to the professorship of "Food Hygiene and Consumer Protection" and transfer to the Director

2005

accrediation of DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025

2003

vocation of PD P. G. Braun to the readership of milk hygiene

2002

moving into the new institute building

2000

accreditiation of the Service laboratorys of DIN EN 45001 

2000

vocation of Prof. E. Lücker to the professorship meat hygiene

1999

planned institute building

1994

vocation of Prof. Fehlhaber of the director of the institute

1993

introduction of veterinary specialist training courses in the areas of food and meat hygiene

1992

new vovation of Prof. K. Fehlhaber on the newly professorship of "Food Hygiene and Consumer Protection"

1992

creation of the professorship for "Meat Hygiene" vocation of Prof. E. Scharner

1.7.1990

reestablishment of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, renaming the "scientific field of food hygiene" in "Institute of Food Hygiene" (creation of the status of an independent institution with far-reaching economic and administrative sovereignty)

1987

establishment of a A.O. proffesorship occupied by Prof. P. Janetschke to 1992

1985

renamed "science food hygiene" and vocation of Prof. K. Fehlhaber

from mid-

80s

concentration of research activity on microbiological issues (objectification of bacteriological meat inspection, detection methods for enterotoxins), numerous services in the field of food testing

9/1978

renamed "Science area of ​​food hygiene and technology," Forcing of working arrangements on the basis of friendship treaties with foreign partner institutions, in particular in Brno, Budapest, Moscow and Wroclaw, scientist exchanges and working visits, processing of work-sharing research topics

3.1.1975

introduction of the new examination regulations: College with the acquisition of the academic degree diploma veterinarians necessarily linked

20.05.1970

"arrangement for the specialization for veterinary specialist for hygiene in the food industry" on the introduction of post-graduate studies to further education to veterinary specialist at the universities and colleges of the GDR

1968

3. higher education reform: establishment of the Section animal production and veterinary medicine by a merger of Veterinary Medicine Faculty with the Faculty of Agriculture with training in the fields of study animal production, veterinary medicine and agricultural education
new curriculum due to the state-imposed socialist agricultural development (creation of cooperative managed farms or large farms): supplying the population with health-safe and nutritionally high quality food, prevention of impairment to health from animal products and raw materials and the development of veterinary hygienic border surveillance, increase of hours of training from 130 (1969/70) to 220 (1973/74)

since 1967

making of state examination work, which was replaced in 1970 by diploma theses

1.9.1957

acquisition of the Institute by Prof. W. Leistner

strengthening cooperation with working farms, close connections to Leipzig slaughterhouse, to the Institute of Meat Industry Magdeburg and agricultural production enterprises of the district Leipzig

1957

retirement of Professor Ketz grounds of age

1955

the name was changed to "Institute of Food Hygiene"

1950

2. Higher Education Reform
beginning of the socialist development of higher and technical education, introduction of new curricula (introduction of the 5-year study -10 semester, field trips and internships), inclusion of animal welfare issues and lectures on the history of veterinary medicine in the training program at the suggestion of Prof. Dr . A. Ketz

1950

new space and personnel separation of Veterinary Hygiene Institute, a new objective: prevention of the risk to human health by coming from animal foods

1949

vocation of Prof. A. Ketz from Berlin

11.2.1946

recording of the teaching and study operation according SMAD Order No. 12/46 on the basis of the Allied Control Council Law No. 25 (prohibition of research for military purposes, calling for systematic stabilization of the scientific institutes)

11/1945

dismissal of Prof. K. Schmidt from his official duties due to his former NSDAP membership, remain as an assistant and reconstruction efforts of the Institute
Provisional line by Prof. J. Schmidt, director of the Medical University Animal Hospital

10/1945

1. Higher education reform with fundamental renewal of the educational content

1943-1945

destroyed 60% of the building stock by air attacks, recording of the destroyed Veterinary Hygiene and Animal Disease Institute in the Food Hygienic Institute

1938

renamed "Institute for Veterinary Food Science", move to the Faculty complex to the Kärntner Straße (today Margarete-Blank-Sraße), foundations for a profound food control and food-hygiene education have been created with the new elaboration of legally binding rules in Germany, eg: Food Act from 5:07 .1927, milk law of 31.07.1930, Meat Inspection Act of 29.10.1940

1.10.1935

Institute for animal food customer is self-employed, the remaining Animal Disease Institute merged with the Veterinary Institute for Hygiene. Appointment of Prof. K. Schmidt, previously director of the Dresden slaughterhouse, taking over the lectures and exercises in the ante-mortem and post mortem, in the study of animal food products as well as in the milk and dairy industry customer.

1932

appointment of M. Hafemann (Director of the abattoir Leipzig) Honorary Professor for special slaughterhouse Business Administration

winter semester

1923/24

Opening of Veterinary Medicine in Leipzig

takeover of the department meat inspection by the Director of the Veterinary Institute of the University, Prof. A. boar, which he previously headed Veterinary Institute was acquired for Animal Health Institute, under the name and enhanced by incorporation of the Institute for animal food customer. Acquisition of milk on customer Veterinary Hygiene Institute by Prof. M. klimmer and scientist Dr. H. Haupt, who in 1925 is appointed Associate Professor was appointed.

31.7.1923 repeal the Veterinary University in Dresden
1914 lectureship for food inspection at that time the official veterinarian at the Dresden slaughterhouse, Dr. G. Illing
1902 lectureship for Milk science Dr. M. Klimmer
1899 vacation of Dr. R. Edelmann professor of meat inspection
1892 establishment of the professorship of meat inspection under the direction of Dr. R. Edelmann
6/1889 survey of veterinary school to college by the Saxon government to celebrate the 800-year rule of the House of Wettin
1886 first meat inspection in the lesson plan, training of older semester in practical meat inspection at slaughterhouses, Roßschlächtereien and in the veterinary police
1780 transfer into a state school
1774     Establishment of the Veterinary School Dresden as a private school and the first educational institution of its kind in Germany by Upper horse doctor Weber